At Macy’s, we’re moving fast—we’re at top speed to become America’s premiere omni-channel retailer. Macy’s technology hub, Macy’s Technology (M*Tech) strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s customers. Macy’s Technology is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
Macy’s Technology is seeking a Sr. Information Security Engineer who will function as a member of the Network Security Delivery team, under general direction, with a comprehensive understanding of Macy’s business systems and processes and in depth knowledge of the Macy’s network and business objectives, provide network and information security leadership and technical expertise in the area of network and information security design and operations.
This role will provide expertise in assessing, planning, testing, and implementing solutions; documenting security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members; coordinating resources; and defining security configuration, implementation, and operation requirements on security projects. He or she will be recognized as a technical expert and be considered an adviser to the Infrastructure, divisional, and Business Unit management and technologists on network and information security concepts.
Sr. Information Security Engineer, (Delivery) uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to perform analysis, design, and support tasks related to the development and implementation of enterprise security strategies, architectures, technologies, configurations, and processes in order to provide secure solutions that meet Macy’s business objectives and improve Macy’s security posture. Perform other duties as assigned
• Defining security requirements established by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; understanding system architecture and platform configurations; identifying integration issues; integrating solutions with previous investments; preparing cost estimates; leading the implementation of network and information security solutions; and preparing preventive, detective, and reactive measures. End results include secure architecture designs and risk statements.
• Managing network security projects by producing, driving, and managing project scope, objectives, customer expectations, schedule, communications, status, resources, quality, reports, deliverables, issues, risks, timelines, and lessons learned and building consensus and owning the responsibility for execution and final deliverables. End results include successful completion of security projects.
• Participating in the development, modification, and documentation of technical standards; project, implementation, and test plans; requirements criteria; system specifications and configurations; and monitoring and support procedures. End result includes consistent, current, and accurate documentation.
• Providing expert-level support for problems that cannot be resolved by primary support roles, training, mentoring, and reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. End result includes advanced support.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• This position will participate in the decision making process and provide significant input to management for secure architecture design, risk assessments, procedures, policies, and technologies. This will include, but is not limited to, decisions related to selecting one vendor over another vendor, testing and evaluation methodology and criteria for various security technologies, and how to monitor and respond to alerts.
• Will need to make decisions regarding the type and number of resources required for projects and the identification of specific tasks that are required to successfully complete security projects.
• This position will also be expected to make recommendations to management on ways to improve the security posture of Macy's based on this persons' retail and security knowledge.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Staff in this role are expected to maintain current knowledge of the retail industry and security profession by researching emerging security practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of experience preferred.
• This position requires an understanding of a wide array of enterprise grade applications and technologies to include messaging, directory services, mobile, wireless, web, cloud, database, collaboration, virtualization, DNS, and various operating systems.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Will continue to be engaged with management to provide updates and status to help clarify any decision that is needed.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills.
• Ability to consider options and make business recommendations (e.g. selection of tools/methodologies).
• This position requires strong attention to detail; inquisitive and curious nature.
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
• Excellent technical, analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking, time management, communication, and organization skills.
• Strong analysis/troubleshooting skills and strong partnering/relationship building skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.