San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Oct. 22, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12698Apply
We are looking for motivated and talented Lead Android Developer to help us build awesome mobile apps that integrate with our services platform. The Lead developer for the Mobile Team will report to the Mobile Development Manager (Android). The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile applications. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Android design and development, with one or more apps in the Google Play app store.
At Macys.com it isn't enough to be able to produce great code, we want you to be able to produce great ideas and shape the future of our product.
This is 100% hands on lead developer role. We are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans beyond technical capabilities. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of a large company. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving agile development teams. The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Lead small teams of Android & iOS engineers and steer them towards delivery.
• Work closely with product managers to develop excellent understanding of business needs; collaborate with architects and development teams to come up with high level systems design that is aligned with Macy’s reference architecture, technology roadmap, software development best practices, patterns and standards.
• Decomposing high-level requirements from business partners and develop lower level stories/tasks that can be readily assigned to various project developers.
• Enforce engineering rigor by participating in design & code reviews.
• Work with QE team in analyzing and resolving production issues and defects.
• Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes, inter relationship/dependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end.
• Keen on innovation in the face of uncertain product requirements.
• Work with Release Engineering team in app deployment activities.
• Participate in the full SDLC (RUP/Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years as a technical lead with deep understanding of Android/iOS UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android/iOS apps
• 5+ years of broad knowledge of Java, Android Studio, Gradle
• Hands on experience programing apps with Kotlin.
• An Object-Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying design patterns.
• Knowledge of web application architecture and experience working on projects consuming REST APIs.
• Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications
• Experience integrating with RESTful API based backend systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment
• Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
• Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Up to 5% travel – Offices Onshore, Conferences – up to 4x a yr.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.