San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Oct. 19, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12693Apply
The Director of Business Revenue is responsible for managing a team to analyze the customer experience throughout the funnel on Macys.com. This person will help build best-in-class analytics processes allowing the site merchandising team to make critical business decisions daily. He/she will use robust data sets to develop actionable insights to drive sales and profitability. This person will work closely with peers and cross functional teams to streamline processes to simplify data into recommendations and manage a team that thrives on results and reacts to business as needed. This person will be an advocate for using analytics to drive business decisions in the company. The candidate needs to be highly analytical, organized, and possess great communication and presentation skills. Perform other duties as assigned.
The Director of Business Revenue's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Analytics & Reporting (60%)
• Establish centralized reporting, experimentation & analytics processes throughout the digital customer funnel.
• Analyze large data sets to discover trends and patterns, and develop actionable insights.
• Identify and develop reporting around key success metrics to measure event, promotion and project performance.
• Provide daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis reporting, including financial reporting, operational reporting, and web analytics reporting.
• Present information using data visualization techniques.
• Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
• Filter and scrub data to identify and localize reporting inconsistencies.
• Manage A/B testing roadmap and drive business decisions through experimentation.
• Work with management and partners to prioritize business and information needs.
• Define and execute audits on key business processes.
• Support ad hoc reporting and analysis requests.
• Influence reporting and analytics development roadmap.
Business Revenue and Analytics Advocacy (20%)
• Provide thought leadership on leveraging analytics to improve site merchandising, omni-channel, owned and vendor direct operations.
• Become the champion for utilizing data to drive our daily decisions.
• Advocate sound best practices and develop training to ensure teams utilize data effectively.
• Prioritize and develop recommendations and strategies to address business challenges.
• Champion a point-of-view to leadership teams, articulating he relative importance of various initiatives that are ready to move to the development phase.
• Guide product managers to ensure the product specifications are well understood by engineering.
• Support team members as they provide product requirements clarification and reply to implementation considerations raised by the development team.
• Raise awareness of team’s plans, insights and accomplishments in order to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team.
People Leadership / Team Management (20%)
• Leads and supervises a team that analyzes digital customer funnel for all devices.
• Prioritize team work load ensuring resources are focused on the most important problems.
• Build the team adding critical skill sets to ensure analytic insights drive our business.
• Career development – train, motivate and develop team members for continued growth.
• Develop presentations and present at team meetings.
• Past team management experience preferred.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Ability to make immediate sound decisions and when need able to influence peers and across functions.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in on line merchandising or/and retail analytics experience preferred.
• Background in E-commerce.
• Masters degree in an analytics field preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to present and influence immediate team and across functions.
• Experience presenting to senior management.
• Effectively train, coach and develop direct reports.
• Must have strong analytical skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to translate.
• Analytical data /website metrics into strategy- Experience in web analytics tools preferably-Coremetrics.
• Must be self-motivated, action-oriented, creative problem solver.
• Ability to work well independently within a multi-functional, multi-campus team with a keen understanding of their role in the overall workflow.
• Strong cross-functional collaboration - must be able to work effectively on a team and with various parts of the organization.
• Ability to maximize the contribution of individual team members.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and other office equipment.
• Must be able to view complex data for extended periods of time.
• Requires regular walking, standing, lifting up to 10 lbs., hearing, and talking.
• Involves close vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• When required, must have the ability to manage the physical demands of business travel.
• Ability to work under pressure, handle changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
• Comfortable with being “hands-on” to manage tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Proficiency in customer funnel analytics platforms: Coremetrics, Adobe Analytics, Tableau is highly preferred.
• Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and E-mail required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.