Mason - Ohio
Date Posted: Oct. 17, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12658Apply
System Analyst will work with the MCCS, Bank Finance, Fraud, Risk Business teams, and Development Teams. This role requires strong requirements gathering, customer management, data management and System knowledge and excellent written and verbal communications skills. The successful candidate will document and design solutions for mission critical and high volume data management process that meet the requirements of our business partners and our customers. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Partner with business and development teams to ensure systems and data design are aligned with business strategy and direction.
• Analyze, refine, and respond to requirements by working with business subject matter experts (SME), data architects, and application developers to understand the requirements.
• Create and document functional requirements from business requirements. Set and tightly manage scope.
• Create and maintain artifacts relating to data implementation including but not limited to (cross system) Data Flow Diagram, System Context Diagram, Process Diagram, etc.
• Research and analyze various data source systems using SQL and or SQL tools to study the data and match the requirements.
• Ability to illustrate findings using reporting and dashboard tools. ( PowerBI, Tableau, Powerpoint, etc.)
• Ensure that the system design is aligned with the business requirements through appropriate documentation and requirements mapping.
• Discern inherent design patterns in the application and then be able to extend them to align with business processes.
• Strong communications skills (verbal and written) and the ability to effectively communicate design recommendations to a varied audience.
• Build positive team dynamics by understanding usability and design principles.
• Comfortable coordinating the efforts of others to tackle issues that may reside outside the scope of the candidate's own personal knowledge.
• Experience developing functional designs in data integration platform supporting internal data warehouses and interfacing cross functional systems.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BS in Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering is required.
• 1+ years’ experience analyzing, clarifying and translating business process and system requirements for information oriented services into functional specification documents (defining the detailed features and functions that make up the solution).
• 3+ years of SQL experience is required.
• Strong knowledge and experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and iterative practices in a service delivery lifecycle is preferred.
• Understanding of systems design and technical concepts in order to communicate effectively with developers is required.
• 2+ years of experience in creating system interface specifications, documenting the business process flow as well as interface rules is required.
• Team player who enjoys collaborating with other analysts, architects, design and development teams. Proven ability to meet deadlines and comfortable with fast-paced development cycles.
• Willing to strive for the ideal design process while still working within the framework of the organization, project, and environment.
• 1+ years of experience with ETL tools.
• Retail or Customer analytics background preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret complex technical documents.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Very strong analysis/troubleshooting skills. strong partnering/relationship building skills.
• Ability to consider options and make business decisions (e.g. selection of tools/methodologies for projects).
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.