San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Oct. 16, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12651Apply
We are looking for a highly motivated business advocate to join our team of passionate thinkers and problem solvers. You will be directly responsible for setting and driving Customer Generated Content (CGC) strategies for macys.com & stores, aligning business priorities, utilizing analytics as the voice of the customer and knowledge of competitive research to understand what is happening in the space. A successful candidate will have passion for merchandising and bringing new ideas into the consumer content experience. You will collaborate with cross-functional business, merchants, and product management partners to drive business priorities and influence strategy. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience defining strategy, planning and executing a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising tactics and strong partnerships. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Be a self-starter with a strong sense for the category of business.
• Build trusting cross-functional relationships with external vendors, Digital Merchants, Private Label Partners, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Experience, and Internal Site Merchandising partners.
• Ideate, develop & drive all CGC strategies. Be the subject matter expert on CGC in competitive landscapes.
• Be the point of contact and provide training for all internal Macy’s colleagues as the CGC Champion.
• Provide ad hoc and monthly reporting to build accountability across the organization for CGC initiatives.
• Partner with Site Merchandising and Digital Merchants to identify digital enhancement ideas/needs based on knowledge of the category, industry trends and customer behaviors.
• Use key metrics of customer satisfaction, conversion & revenue and your strategic problem-solving skills to guide business priorities.
• Lead alignment of business priorities through development of rolling a backlog for Vendor Enhancements. Ability to prioritize business backlog using MVP.
• Ensure that your business partners feel involved and informed at all times through transparent communication.
• Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in Digital Merchandising or/and retail experience preferred.
• Creative, collaborative and team-oriented with the ability to interact with partners across the organization at all levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, strategic thinking and organizational planning skills.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to lead large group trainings.
• Strong storytelling that gathers the troops and gets people excited about your initiatives.
• Ability to negotiate and influence peers and members of cross-functional teams.
• Adept at prioritizing and juggling multiple projects at once to meet tight deadlines.
• Digital Merchandising experience is a plus.
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail.
• Be a highly motivated self-starter. Candidate must be comfortable working independently to achieve a successful result with minimal guidance.
• Have inclination and ability to solve complex problems.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.