Lorain - Ohio
Date Posted: Oct. 13, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12601Apply
This job function is responsible for applying expertise in tools and methodologies to develop the requirements, procedures and guidelines for the testing of all technical applications and systems prior to deployment to ensure they are performing according to specifications and free of errors. This includes defining the automation test plan and strategy, testing environment, scenarios, scripts and data required, executing tests, and reporting on findings. Positions in this function are responsible for organizing the resources necessary to prepare and execute tests and reporting back to the development team on issues to be addressed. This may include automation of testing processes, and the identification and management of testing tools and standards.
The Test Automation Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, scripting and leading the test phase of projects, including leading more junior test automation engineers, as appropriate. Perform other duties, as assigned.
• Interface with business analysts and/or customers to clarify requirements.
• Develop code and test automation scripts from executable specifications.
• Design and execute test plans, test strategies and execute test cases both in an Agile team environment.
• Facilitate defect triage process and help in resolving release/project issues; write effective and thorough bug reports and verify bug fixes.
• Ensure that approved changes are integrated into the existing test scripts and additional scripts are added as necessary in maintaining version.
• Assist development teams to identify and resolve problems; assess different options and recommend an approach.
• Engage in resolving environment deployment issues.
• Prepare test reports and test summaries.
• Participate in systems design while working within an established framework, including full SDLC, i.e.meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team of engineers (some remote) to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
• Deliver project assignments on time, within budget and with high quality.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Commits to deliverables for scope of work with customers and/or management.
• Make modifications to automation jobs and schedules for jobs in non-production environment.
• Recommend the acquisition of a tool or new testing technique.
• Assesses different options and recommends an approach.
• Use tools & methodologies independently with limited direction.
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent and 3 to 5 years of related or similar experience.
• Passionate about quality engineering using object oriented programming to develop versatile and re-usable methods.
• 3+ years of automation scripting experience that includes solid working knowledge of the QE review and automation testing process and the ability to design test scenarios, test scripts, and understanding various testing techniques for service-oriented architecture applications (SOA).
• 2+ years of coding experience with one or more of the following languages: Java (preferred), C# or equivalent.
• 2+ years of experience in writing SQL queries against relational or non-relational data stores.
Experience with behavior driven development (BDD) testing framework is a plus (Cucumber/JBehave)
• 2+ years of experience using web services automation with Rest Assured, Soap UI, Postman or equivalent to test REST or SOAP protocols in JSON or XML.
• 2+ years of experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and build tools (i.e. jUnit, Maven, Jenkins or equivalent).
• 2+ years of experience using an industry standard source control management system, Git (preferred) or SVN.
• Working knowledge and/or experience using Agile software development life cycle.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.