San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Oct. 11, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12552Apply
The Associate Merchandising Manager, Brand Specialist is responsible for achieving customer satisfaction and driving digital revenue by analyzing, and setting up content on Macys.com. Special focus will be on vendor focused brands and categories. Their objective is to improve the foundation of the website’s taxonomy and navigation, work on attribution of products, and analyze data to optimize the customer’s discovery and selection. The Associate will help to execute promotions and brand shops, onboard product, perform site maintenance, optimize search, maximize vendor assets, and use analytics to drive sales and conversion. This position will require leading and joining regular calls with vendors, QBRs, merchants and other business partners. It will also require a highly analytical and organized person who possesses great communication and presentation skills. Cross functional partners will include merchants, vendors, SEO, SEM, UX, Business Intelligence and Site Merchandising FOBs & Marketing teams. Perform other duties as assigned.
Site Analysis & Set up:
• Alignment of data across all customer touch points and devices, Establish best practices across competitive landscape; assist in promotion execution, brand shop execution, Facet and browse optimization.
• Product Detail Page Optimization, Size & Fit Information, Attribution, Tagging, Page layout, Images, Reviews and CGC Optimization.
• Taxonomy Optimization: Manage Header Fly out, Left Hand Navigation; work with SEO and UX team to develop best practices.
• On Site Search – Optimize failed search terms, act upon trending phrases and key brands.
Drive Digital Sales Performance:
• Identify online opportunities to increase sales , conversion and profit performance.
• Strategize and collaborate directly with vendor/brand and partner with NY digital team to understand the business strategy, objectives and priorities.
• Key Quarterly Business Review (QBR) participant. Provide insights and strategies to determine next steps for best on line experience.
• Strategic cross-functional relationships (Digital Merchants, Marketing, Creative Production, Production, and Internal Site Merchandise Partners) to leverage necessary resources in establish Best in class event execution.
Innovation and Improved Customer Experience:
• Competitive Analysis to gain insight and develop strategies.
• Seek out opportunities to grow the business by improving the customer shopping experience.
• AB Testing to continue to drive sales / conversion increases.
• Work with business intelligence, experimentation and relevancy to understand and develop comprehensive strategies for site audit.
• Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
• 3 years online merchandising experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, strategic thinking and organizational planning skills.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Provide recommendations on site strategy.
• Must be able to work effectively on a team and with various parts of the organization, and have a sense of urgency to react to business needs.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.