San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Sep. 26, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12327Apply
We are seeking an experienced product professional that will serve as a lead product manager for our Purchase & Delivery related products – an exciting multi-faceted space with multiple touchpoints across digital and omni-channel. This role will report to Manager of Product Management and will collaborate cross-functionally in a complex multi-layered organization.
As a product leader in Purchase and Delivery, you play a critical role in discovering and delivering new capabilities as well as improving existing customer experiences through enhancements and new product development. Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems, you have a strong track record of leading and developing products and teams, adapting to a fluid context and using data to drive decision-making.
It is important that you understand how product enhancements change customer behavior and the trends that are emerging in the market. You will be accountable for socializing the product vision at all levels of the organization, assessing opportunities, and collaborating with development teams. You partner closely with partners and stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Discover known and unmet customer needs and possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs; gathering input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts (analyzing competitors and market conditions to evaluate and articulate application of design and technology to the unmet customer need).
• Develop business case(s), including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
• Communicate and collaborate with business and stakeholders to inform, adjust and shape prioritization of capabilities that improve the user experience; balancing priorities across the Purchase and Delivery portfolio to identify/recommend/prioritize key opportunities and trade-offs.
• Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process; ensuring that what is delivered achieves the business value and ROI objectives of the project.
• Create short and long term roadmap for products and manage product backlog; managing a prioritized view for communities of product stakeholders
• Acquire and hone subject matter expertise relevant to drive success of team; be recognized across the division as someone who has excellent judgment, knowledge base and whose delivery has contributed significantly to the success of Macy’s
• Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that:
• Directly support primary objectives of the project.
• Are appropriate in size for iterative, incremental development.
• Include clear and specific acceptance criteria.
• Take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives.
• Manage expectations (negotiating appropriately - right people and right time, where necessary) to ensure a common understanding of where, when, and how the optimal prioritization of user stories.
• Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adapt business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality; proactively identify problems that arise in the project, outline options, recommend solutions, and escalate as needed.
• Lead & participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities to ensure communication of product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features.
• Able to lead multiple product efforts simultaneously at various stages of their development and maturity.
• Exercise sound judgment and decision making to main high levels of visibility and transparency to leadership, engaging to solicit guidance or assistance to address blockers and issues.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS Degree.
• 5+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: product management; agile project/program management; agile and/or lean software development, or another product ownership role.
• Internet / Retail / eCommerce experience strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with mobile, social, and omni-channel customer journeys.
• Additional Skills & Experience (a plus):
• Usability, UX and design experience.
• Prior experience in delivery of features / capabilities supporting checkout, payments, and omni-channel fulfillment.
• Retail buying/merchandising experience.
• Resource management and supervision of junior members of staff.
• Familiarity and comfort navigating large corporate organizations.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment.
• Adept at influencing across/up/down various communities of partners and stakeholders.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills with demonstrated experience gathering intelligence and synthesizing data into actionable insights.
• Physical Demands:
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong leadership profile, demonstrated prioritization and negotiation skills.
• Able to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty, ambiguity and conflict to focus and deliver against business goals.
• Track record of taking ownership and driving results at various levels of professional experience.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
• Some travel may be required to other Macy’s office locations.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.