San Francisco - California
Date Posted: Sep. 25, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12317Apply
This VP position reports into the Macy’s Vendor Direct Services division at Macy’s. The Vendor Direct Operations group is responsible for managing and servicing customer orders placed on-line that are filled and shipped directly to customers by Macy’s Vendors. The Vendor Direct business is expanding rapidly and a top priority for the enterprise growth strategy. As such, the VP is responsible for forming and evolving a strategic road map to ensuring high-quality robust Vendor Direct operations that scale efficiently with accelerated growth; liaising with business and merchant organizations, vendor community, product and technology partners, and 3rd Party service providers to achieve targeted growth and quality. The VP is also responsible for leading, identifying and implementing system and process improvements to support the business. This executive ensures appropriate oversight of the operation using relevant summary and exception based monitoring to optimize customer service and meet performance standards. Coaching and developing staff is important in developing a team of highly functioning, cross-trained and engaged associates.
Macy’s, Inc., with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York, is one of the nation’s premier retailers. The company operates 600+ stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico under the names of Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, Bloomingdale’s Outlet, Macy’s Backstage and Bluemercury, as well as the macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com websites. Employees at Macy’s have long term opportunities and are encouraged to build on and utilize their skills for cross-functional movement to further their careers. Macy’s, Inc. believes in giving back to our local communities. Our contributions, leadership and volunteer efforts help create stronger, healthier places for our customers and associates to work and live. Perform other duties as assigned.
This role reports directly to the GVP – Vendor Direct & Product Management, Merchants & Vendors.
Vendor Direct Operations
• Manage and evolve key operational functions and teams including; Onboarding Services, Vendor and Internal Business Support, Performance Management, Escalated Customer Care, Operational Analytics and Continuous Improvement.
• Implement team structure and operating model to manage key performance indicators including; order defect rate, defect drivers, vendor onboarding and support processes and cycle time drivers, vendor support satisfaction, and customer loyalty.
• Participate and contribute to overall business strategy to provide road map for growth.
• Serves as liaison to internal partners across business, support, merchant and operating divisions to ensure the Vendor Direct business performs with stability and accuracy.
• Valuable contributor to the design, testing, implementation and integration of Macy’s Vendor Direct business with a 3rd Party Service Provider.
• Effective partner with management of 3rd Party Vendor Direct service provider to reduce lead times in New Vendor Onboarding.
• Lead team to identify and recommend enhancements and changes to existing systems and/or processes necessary to support aggressive growth of Vendor Direct businesses and reduce/eliminate pain points.
• Oversee and lead a team of executives and staff.
• Responsible for applying in-depth retail and business experience and knowledge to the position.
• Responsible for developing team of highly productive and engaged associates in a manner to provide succession planning.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Seven (7) to ten (10) years related work experience and/or management experience required.
• Adept at understanding, managing and working in an environment that relies on systems and reporting to manage an operation with high transaction volume.
• Implementation and oversight over Kaizen, SixSigma, Lean or equivalent methodology required. Experience managing remote and geographically distributed teams preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret correspondence and business reports in managing and solving problems.
• Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must have proven track record of strategic level creativity and problem solving, including high-level analytical skills to drive data driven decisions.
• Strong critical thinker who encourages and develops the same skills in direct reports.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently in ambiguous areas with minimal supervision, and work well within a group environment.
• Confident, persuasive and influential leadership skills.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Must be highly adaptable and embrace fast iterative approach to systems and processes.
• Experience in recruiting and hiring top talent.
• Experience building scaled and automated processes.
• Must be comfortable with using technology to interact with business partners.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. Macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth. If you're interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it's really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at http://ecommerce.macysjobs.com/
Our employees have long-term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omnichannel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.