We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to help us build awesome iOS apps (for Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s) that integrate with our services platform. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in iOS design and development, with one or more apps in the Apple iTunes AppStore.
At Macy’s Technology it isn't enough to be able to produce great code, we want you to be able to produce great ideas and shape the future of our product.
This person is a leader, who also loves code. Beyond technical capabilities we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of a large company. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. The successful applicant will work closely with Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Product Managers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for working on different layers of the iOS apps.
• Help architect and maintain our set of native mobile applications.
• Design and implement features for iOS apps.
• Ship quality software quickly and frequently.
• Partner closely with our design and product team to architect a gorgeous application flows seamlessly and works intuitively with our users.
• Building applications in memory- and network-constrained scenarios.
• Influence every aspect of the iOS development process from API creation, design, and product.
• Own important pieces of the product that has high visibility both internally and externally.
• Envision new products and features that are inspired, considered, and magical.
• Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Passionate, Persistent and Creative - you find clever solutions to problems.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of Experience in software development with a strong command of object oriented principles.
• Experience releasing at least one application into the App Store.
• Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
• Deep understanding of iOS Platform, UI paradigms and tools.
• In-depth knowledge of Swift 3/4, Objective-C, XCode, and Interface Builder.
• Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications.
• Experience integrating with RESTful API backends.
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills.
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
• Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
• Walking, seating, talking, working on a computer, using a phone.
• Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Up to 5% travel – Offices Onshore and Offshore, Conferences – up to 4x a yr.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.