Johns Creek - Georgia
Date Posted: Oct. 25, 2018
Requisition ID: MAC12229Apply
As a College Relations Recruiter for Macy's Technology, you will be responsible for managing the recruitment process for Johns Creek, GA and Lorain, OH-based Internships and Executive Development Program candidates. The College Relations Recruiter plays a critical role in seeking top entry-level talent for our organization. "Perform other duties as assigned.
Macy's Technology (MTech) is the information technology division of Macy's Inc. Macy's Inc. is the nation's largest operator of department stores with over 800 department store locations in 46 states. In addition, we operate major catalog and internet operations for Bloomingdale's and Macy's. Macy's Technology is headquartered in Johns Creek, a suburban setting northeast of Atlanta, Georgia.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, employee fitness center and a merchandise discount. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Connect with several hiring managers to develop a complete understanding of the role and the needs to fill multiple positions.
• Strategize with the hiring managers and the HR team to attract top external talent at the entry-level for new graduate talent pools.
vImplement new strategies to identify a qualified and diverse candidate pool.
• Must be comfortable with full lifecycle recruitment for college and university programs.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with university program offices, career services centers, faculty members, etc.
• Maintain a strong partnership between HR and Learning & Development team members.
• Determine and implement creative sourcing for challenging positions in order to create an active candidate pipeline.
Internship Program Management:
• Manage all logistics for internship program, including calendar, outings, catering, budget, etc.
• Build communication plans for incoming interns and internal stakeholders.
• Train and support intern supervisors.
• Actively lead weekly working sessions in order to ensure intern project delivery.
• Active partnership in mentorship and support for interns.
• Internal coordination of Executive Speaker Series.
Event & Brand Project Management:
• Research conferences and targeted large-scale events dedicated to college and university programming.
• Establish key contacts with national organizations and diversity groups.
• Coordinate all elements of Macy's branding for events.
• Build communication plans in order to drive traffic at large-scale events (site-targeted content, social marketing, university partnerships).
• Execute the delivery of trade show presentation, meetings, tech talks, etc.
• Manage internal operational timelines and logistics, including cross-functional business partners.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor Degree required and minimum 3 years of experience in a corporate recruitment environment (experience in college or campus recruitment preferred).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Desire to continually improve candidate relationship management.
• Must have a recruitment mindset with an emphasis on building relationships and a bench for Macy's.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Must have ability to travel 25% for college related events.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.