We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning engineer to join our growing engineering team. At Macy’s Technology, we use Machine Learning to wow our customers during the various stages of her shopping experience – product recommendations, search ranking and relevance, image attribution, demand routing, fit recommendations, inventory forecasting, threat modeling, etc. As a Machine Learning expert, you will have a unique opportunity to have high impact by advancing these systems, as well as uncovering new opportunities to apply Machine Learning to solve customer and business problems. You will also play a key role in developing tools and abstractions that our other developers will build on top of. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Improve our existing Machine Learning systems using core expertise.
• Identify new opportunities to apply Machine Learning to different parts of the Macy’s business.
• Work with other engineers to implement algorithms in an efficient way.
• Take end to end ownership of Machine Learning systems - from data pipelines and training, to real-time prediction engine.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field required. MS/PhD preferred.
• 5+ years of industry experience in Machine Learning or related field.
• Previous experience building end to end Machine Learning systems.
• Strong coding and debugging skills in one or more of the following technologies: Java, Python, Spark, Tensorflow, PIO.
• Experience with scripting languages (Bash, Python).
• Deep understanding of mathematical foundations of Machine Learning algorithms.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.