The Marketing Analytic Systems data pipeline delivers value to various business partners by providing tools and capabilities to analyze large data sets for research, analytics, campaign management, reporting and tactical/strategic decision making. Our systems development team is looking for a Developer who has passion to work with data and to build solutions that supports our Analytic Systems Solution stack, which includes Hortonworks Hadoop distribution, SAS (Linux environment) and Tableau Server/Desktop. The successful candidate would have extensive experience as a data engineer or ETL developer building and automating data transformation and loading procedures. Strong knowledge and experience using Hive, SQL, SAS and Hadoop to conduct data profiling/discovery, data modelling and process automation is required. The candidate must be comfortable working with data from multiple sources; Hadoop, DB2, Oracle, flat files. The projects are detail intensive, requiring the accurate capture and translation of data requirements (both tactical and analytical needs) and validation of the working solution. We work in a highly collaborative environment working closely with cross functional team members; Business Analysts, Product Managers, Data Analysts and Report Developers. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Design, develop and implement end-to-end solutions on Hortonworks Hadoop distribution; strong ability to translate business requirements into technical design plan.
• Automate, deploy and support solutions scheduled on Crontab or Control-M. Deployment includes proper error handling, dependency controls and necessary alerts. Triage and resolve production issues and identify preventive controls.
• Build rapid prototypes or proof of concepts for project feasibility.
• Document technical design specifications explaining how business and functional requirements are met. Document operations run book procedures with each solution deployment.
• Identify and propose improvements for analytics eco-system solution design and architecture.
• Participate in Hadoop and SAS product support such patches and release upgrades. Provide validation support for Hadoop and SAS products, including any changes to other infrastructure, systems, processes that impact Analytics infrastructure.
• Participate in full SDLC framework using Agile/Lean methodology.
• Support non-production environments with the Operations and IT teams.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Analytics, Statistics or equivalent work experience.
• 4+ years of work experience in Data Engineering, ETL Development and Data Analytics.
• 4+ years of hands-on experience using SQL and scripting language such as Unix Shell or Python.
• 3+ years of hands-on experience developing on a Linux platform.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience working in traditional RDBMS such as Oracle, DB2.
• 1+ years of hands-on experience working in Hadoop using HIVE, HDFS, TEZ, MapReduce, Sqoop.
• 1+ years of hands-on experience working scripting language such as Python or SAS with BASE SAS, SAS MACRO, and SAS STAT.
• Experience with Spark, PySpark, Zeppelin and Jupyter Notebook is nice to have.
• Demonstrated experience implementing and automating ETL processes on large data sets.
• Experience with report development and supporting data requirements for reporting.
• Strong knowledge of Hadoop / Big Data architecture and operational workings.
• Strong communications skills.
• Ability to collaborate and to negotiate in cross functional team environment.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work with diverse teams and multiple technologies.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.