A Lead Software Engineer responsible for the development and support of applications for Fusion/Oracle Cloud HCM development, leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas.
Translates business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business and supports these systems while in production. Interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient, cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements. Design, develop, test, install, and deploy the required software applications. Develop solutions utilizing a variety of software technologies, including new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation. Working with functional consultant, business and application stakeholders to determine requirements for reports and integrations for Oracle HCM Cloud application. Design, develop and implement solutions for Oracle HCM Cloud application including reporting and data integrations per defined business requirements. Develop data extract reports for analysis using out of box reporting tools like HCM Extract, BI Publisher and OTBI across Core HR, Payroll and Benefits module. Prepare technical design document for reports and integrations. Provide support for Oracle HCM Cloud application and develop effective resolutions for any application functionality issues. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Participate in the feasibility analysis for new systems/applications.
• Play a leadership role in the technical design of new systems/applications for work type 1 and smaller type 2 projects, using functional specifications. Direct junior staff in the coding, configuration and testing needed to meet documented needs.
• Perform coding and/or configuration to meet documented needs, using standard procedures and techniques.
• Monitor operating efficiency of existing application systems and provides (or arranges for) proactive maintenance. Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including coding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system. Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Provide technical support and resolves customer inquiries and production issues.
• Serve as a coach/mentor to less experienced developers. Manages and delegates tasks as appropriate.
• Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8 – 10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Possesses understanding of multiple systems/customer areas, gained through previous experience in different areas of Macy’s or Macy’s Tech, and leverages that knowledge to support current customer(s).
• Expertise in the following technology stack, HCM Extracts, Fusion Fast Formulas, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher (BIP), PBL/HDL loading tools, Oracle PL/SQL.
• Expert understanding of all application development processes including Macy’s Technology’s software development methodology; ability to serve as a resource to others.
• Expert in existing applications supporting the business area. Able to serve as a key resource to ensure the system is performing up to requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret complex technical documents.
• Leads the development phase of projects, making work assignments and managing tasks to completion.
• Selects tools/methodologies for projects.
• Commits to deliverables for scope of work.
• Modifies jobs and schedules for jobs as necessary.
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involve use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
• Works independently and provides guidance within technical area, applying in-depth knowledge of multiple technologies, as appropriate.
• Understands architectural issues, and factors them into decisions and recommendations.
• Provides technical leadership in areas of specialization.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.