The Assistant Event Merchandise Manager is responsible for event and campaign execution. This person will work closely with peers and cross functional teams identifying processes to simplify and automate. Reacts to business and prioritize as needed. Perform other duties as assigned.
Drive On- line Sales Performance : Event / Campaign Merchandising and Execution
• Maximize online events to increase sales , conversion and profit performance.
• Ensure implementation of best site experience and seamless execution for events and promotions.
• Reduction of Preview and Live Site Issues.
• Understand event business strategy, vision, objective and priorities.
• Strategic cross-functional relationships (Digital Merchants, Marketing, Production, and Internal Site Merchandise Partners) to leverage necessary resources in establish Best in class event execution.
• React to Business for immediate results.
Innovation and Improved Customer Experience
• Innovate to simplify and automate to increase event work process or/and operational efficiencies.
• Seek out opportunities to grow the business by improving the customer shopping experience.
• AB Testing to continue to drive sales / conversion increases.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• Ability to make sound decisions.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in on line merchandising or/and retail experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to present and influence Immediate team and across functions.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to translate Basic Analytical data /website metrics into strategy - Experience in web analytics tools, preferably-Coremetrics.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Ability to work well independently within a multi- functional, multi campus team, action-oriented, creative problem solvers, with a keen understanding or their role in the overall workflow.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and other office equipment.
• Must be able to view complex data for extended periods of time.
• Requires regular walking, standing, lifting up to 10 lbs., hearing, and talking. Involves close vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• When required, must have the ability to manage the physical demands of business travel.
• Must be able to work effectively on a team and with various parts of the organization.
• Ability to work under pressure, handle changing priorities .
• Hands on to manage tasks. .
• Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and E-mail required, web content management system experience preferred.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.