A Technical Lead, Operations Research Analyst is a hands-on technical lead in Digital Support, providing leadership in a 24/7 application support setting for Macy’s website and mobile web properties and design and development of several mission critical applications. This role requires the person to provide technical leadership on the production support front 100% of the time while channelizing any development work through pre-defined enhancement/development activities. The candidate should have a good sense of operational insights, be fluid in working with various stakeholders and teams such as Development, DevOps, Business, and Operations in a highly collaborative environment and fast moving environment. Additional responsibilities include providing technical leadership for the offshore teams and helping build a brand new team with a heavy focus on operations and analytics. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Collaborate, champion, and provide technical leadership for the Customer Solutions & Analytics team responsible for trends & patterns and operational logistics across the support organization.
• Develop measurement criteria/ KPIs and tools to monitor and drive continuous improvements across technical and operational fronts.
• Knowledge of Splunk (or similar) tool to pull/ modify queries.
• Development background (language agnostic).
• Sharp analytical skills; ability to continuously tie various pieces of data to actions.
• Drive improvements.
• Dynamically modify team’s mode of operation based on outcome & ROI ; change tactics quickly where needed.
• Come up with simple, fast but outcome – driven tools and solutions.
• Results driven attitude, critical thinking, aptitude to hold teams accountable, and hunger for outside –the- box quick and simple solutions.
• Off-hour availability for production emergencies to oversee production fixes as needed.
• Hands-on mentoring of the team.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor ‘s degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education, Master’s degree preferred.
• 6+ years of development experience.
• 4+ years of experience on REST, SOAP services and SQL.
• 2+ years of experience with Monitoring tools like DynaTrace, Splunk, KeyNote is a strong plus.
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and recommend solutions to all levels of business, sometimes during high stress situations.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills a must.
• Ability to multitask required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.