A Production Support Technical Lead is a hands-on technical lead, providing leadership in a 24/7 application support setting for Macy’s website and mobile web properties and design and development of several mission critical applications. This role requires the person to provide technical leadership on the production support front 100% of the time while channelizing any development work through pre-defined enhancement/development activities. The activities include actively leading and contributing to architecture and design reviews through project inception and production launch. The person should have a strong mindset of application support with development and infrastructure background. The successful applicant will work closely with Development, QE, System Analysts, Business Production and Operations Teams in a highly collaborative environment to ensure rapid response to production emergencies. Additional responsibilities include providing technical leadership for the offshore teams and contract team resources, collaboration with major site project teams to ensure all releases meet macys.com operational readiness requirements including documentation, management tools, monitoring & reporting, performance, stability and security. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Take production support as a vocation and build a career instead of restricting oneself to development only mindset and be highly enthusiastic about solving challenging production problems with agility and composure.
• Collaborate, champion, and provide technical leadership for team responsible for website and mobile web support and application development.
• Be the Subject Matter Expert within the team and provide technical mentoring to the team.
• Develop measurement criteria and tools to monitor and drive continuous serviceability and process improvements.
• Be the representative on production calls to track, manage, trouble-shoot and fix production issues both short term and long term.
• Monitor production issue queue and work with business team to prioritize, analyze and manage them to closure.
• Work closely with operational support teams at macys.com and Macy’s Systems & Technology to provide guidance on application support, respond to operational issues and develop tools to improve operational support capabilities.
• Communicate regularly with management on team and project status, escalating issues as needed.
• Off-hour availability for production emergencies to oversee production fixes as needed.
• Hands-on mentoring of the team.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of experience in full life cycle J2EE development project and development experience.
• 7+ years of experience with JSP, Servlets and Database SQL experience is required.
• 5+ years of experience with IBM Web Sphere/JBOSS/App Servers, Spring MVC is required.
• 4+ years of hands on experience on REST, SOAP, and Web Services is required.
• 4+ years of experience with Eclipse, Ant, Maven, SVN is required.
• 2+ years of experience working with eCommerce Technologies (B2B/B2C using Java/J2EE technologies).
• 2+ year of experience on NoSQL, JMS, MQ Technologies is a strong plus.
• 2+ year of experience on Full Stack Java, UI, and JS Frameworks (Node.js, BackBone.js, Require.jS, React.JS) is a strong plus.
• Retail domain experience is highly preferred.
• Experience with monitoring tools like AppDynamics, DynaTrace, Splunk, KeyNote is a strong plus.
• Application Profiling Skills (Java Core, Thread Dumps etc) is required.
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and recommend solutions to all levels of business, sometimes during high stress situations.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills a must.
• Ability to multitask required.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.