We are seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager who will serve as product manager for our Search & Ranking related products – an exciting space with multiple touchpoints across digital and omni-channel. The leader of this team will have a strong track record of leading and developing teams, working and influencing in a cross-functional context and using data to drive decision-making. You will report to Manager of product for Search & Ranking and will collaborate cross-functionally with a variety of people and teams.
In this role, you will lead Search related features and envision experiences that can make it easy for Macys customers to find what they want in the fastest way possible across all touchpoints. You will be responsible for developing ideas for new enhancements, and ensuring that we’re pushing the boundaries of creativity and innovation, consistently executing at a high level. You will work cross functionally with senior management, making appropriate product-related tradeoffs across brands, and measuring success of the team’s initiatives. Working with developers and stakeholders across the organization, this Senior Manager would help craft the long-term vision for Search related products. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Create mid to long term vision for Search related products and manage product backlog.
• Collaborate and regularly communicate with business and stakeholders to shape strategy and feature prioritization to build and improve the user experience.
• Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications.
• Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
• Develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
• Be recognized as an expert across the division – someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of macys.com.
• Use data and metrics to test assumptions, make recommendations, and drive actions. Drive continual improvement through testing, consumer research, etc.
• Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of Search related products.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Exercises sound judgment in terms of keeping his/her supervisor abreast of progress and asks for timely assistance/guidance as need on addressing blockers/concerns.
• BA/BS Degree.
• 6+ years product management experience with a more data centric/technical features.
• Previous product experience leading search or ranking solutions.
• Internet, retail and e-commerce experience.
• Familiarity with mobile, social, and omni-channel customer journeys.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
• Strong leadership profile, excellent prioritization and negotiation skills.
• Able to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Proactively anticipates/ identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals.
• Understanding of search, and other related technologies.
Additional Skills (a plus):
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.