The Staff Java Engineer will be responsible for architecting escalation solutions, coordinating efforts across the direct-2-consumer and IT stability services teams to help solve the current User Experience, messaging and web application performance issues. Run Scrum meetings, handle on-call rotations and be the key advisor on rapid decision-making for systems stability and application performance management. Perform other duties as assigned.
This job function is responsible for translating business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business as well as supporting these systems while in production. Incumbents in this function interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements and are responsible for designing, developing, testing, installing, and deploying the required software applications. Solutions utilize a variety of software technologies and may include new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation.
Staff Java Engineer Role:
• Leader in the design and development area
• Take the lead for architecting escalation solutions, coordinating efforts across the Fulfillment and Logistics teams.
• Develop the strategy and technical design for large, complex projects.
• Define timelines and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs and ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
• Lead the coding/configuration, testing, implementation and documentation of solution; develop detailed design specifications.
• Perform complex applications programming activities, to include code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify complex applications programs.
• Establish systems to monitor the operating efficiency and performance stability of existing application systems and provide (or arrange for) proactive maintenance.
• Lead the resolution of complex application issues.
• Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers and delegate tasks as appropriate.
• Oversee the selection of tools and methodologies for projects.
• Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or management.
• Provide recommendations on vendor selection and negotiate terms and conditions with vendors.
• Support the evaluation and recommendation of new technical directions and approaches to senior MST management.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering preferred and 10+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced technical skills in technologies such as TIBCO BW and BE, C++, VC++,Java, Oracle, SQL-Developer, SQL Server.
• 10 years of software development experience in multiple methodologies.
• Demonstrate a broad understanding of the applications and technical architectures.
• Solid experience as a technical expert on existing applications supporting the business area, along with other inter-related / adjacent systems and application.
• Experience designing systems/applications solutions with high level of complexity (e.g. many interfaces, multiple packages, platforms).
• Consulting-related experience in providing analysis to customers / business analysts on the broader economic impact of proposed technical solutions, working with the customers, business analysts and other MST colleagues as appropriate to develop a solution that strikes an optimal balance between performance, customer service, and cost management.
• Broad knowledge of changing business needs for supported area and recommend strategies for the future.
• Ability to build and maintain up-to-date knowledge about company and industry trends and strategy, and advises customers on approaches to optimize business success.
• Independently identifies, defines, directs, and performs analyses to resolve complex project issues, including the analysis of technical and economic feasibility of proposed systems solutions.
• Experience in participating in the development of RFPs and RFIs.
• Participate in providing input into the make-up of the project team for projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to read, write, and interpret complex documents.
• Very strong analysis/troubleshooting skills, and strong partnering/relationship building skills.
• Ability to consider options and make business decisions (e.g. selection of tools/methodologies for projects).
• Regular - walking, standing, sitting, hearing, seeing, talking, using hand and fingers for writing, typing and using a mouse, moving/lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Occasional - stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May also involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.