Software Engineer, Test Automation is a Java/ J2EE test automation development position within the core team that provides application support for Macy’s mission critical applications such as online eCommerce website, Mobile Web Commerce, and eCommerce Mobile Apps. This position involves 80% automation analysis/ development activities on core-automation projects, testing/ automation activities for the Support Fast Track project and the remainder on rapid response production support application validation activities. Person should have a strong mindset for automated regression testing and should be able to write Java test scripts, Cucumber Feature File and Step Definition in Java; execute test cases in Java framework; maintain documentation of results; and work closely with software development engineers to resolve discrepancies. As part of the test automation function, the overall focus is on product quality. This position requires an individual who is creative, team player, quick learner and driven to produce results. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Gather, analyze requirements; design, implement, unit test automation code in Java framework.
• Participate in the full SDLC, iterative development; estimate the QE/ automation work on projects.
• Develop feature files, test scripts for automation and prepare test reports.
• Facilitate defect triage process and help in resolving release/project issues.
• Participate in technical discussions within QE team as well as with other groups associated with assigned projects; collaborate with the users/customers of the automation framework.
• Work on automation tasks and responsibilities as assigned that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
• Participate and drive the decision making process on the automation design and development front.
• Demonstrate Agile Kanban style approach with analysis and testing, automation development while handling priority on multiple support tickets and enhancements requests.
• Knowledge of web architecture & experience working on responsive web projects/ applications.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BS degree in Computer Science and/or Engineering, or an equivalent combination of 4+ years of experience and education.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• 4+ years of experience in Quality Engineering space including 2+ years in Test Automation.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in Java/ J2EE development, testing APIs and Web Services - REST Services, SOAP UI; Messaging (Tibco); JSON, XML Request, SQL.
• 2+ years’ experience in Selenium Web Driver, Xpath, Cucumber Feature File and Java Step Definitions, Junit/TestNG, QTP, etc is desirable.
• 1+ year experience in Ruby Development experience is a big plus; dB2/ Cassandra testing is a plus.
• 2+ years of experience with Eclipse, Ant, Maven, Spring, Git/ SVN is desired.
• Experience in Agile SDLC, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment is desirable.
• OWASP, Akamai WAF Security, XSS, SQL injection understanding/ experience highly desired.
• Strong analytical/ problem solving skills; ability to multi-task; good communication skills is a must.
• Ability and desire to strive in a proactive, high pressure, customer-facing environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.