The Performance Engineer is responsible for performance testing (load, stress, soak, etc.) of macys.com website and supporting applications. The qualified candidate participates in the design, development, testing and implementation of performance test drivers. This candidate will participate in the execution and interpretation of test results, verifying that the software performance is within acceptable tolerances, as defined by either system requirements or modeled from current/future production throughput needs. Perform other duties as needed.
• Design and implement performance/load/stress tests to exercise target systems to ensure that actual performance meets defined requirements.
• Analyze and trend the performance and reliability of macys.com website and various support systems in production-like configuration.
• Ensure timely proactive identification of performance issues, escalating issues as warranted.
• Interface with software development team, DB architects, systems analysts, etc. to suggest improvements to software and configuration.
• Work among cross-functional teams, providing required support and technical assistance to persons of varying technical background and knowledge.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
• 6+ years of performance testing, tuning and analysis experience, in the web development industry ideally in the retail space.
• 6+ years experience utilizing structured programming languages to build test. drivers, code stubs, and application simulators.
• 3+ Years of hands on experience using APM tools like (Wily, DynaTrace, Splunk)
• Proficiencies with the following: XML, DHTML, Web Services, REST, Java, J2EE,Perl, IBM WebSphere, UNIX, db2.
• Experience with deep dive performance analysis on all layers of application stack.
• Strong experience with LoadRunner/JMeter/any other load generation tools.
• Hand on experience with debugging, configuration and tuning of Application server, JVM, OS and databases.
• Experience with mobile load testing is preferred.
• Excellent comprehension of Internet protocol suites (e.g. IP, TCP, http/https)
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to write bash scripts for information gathering purposes from UNIX & Linux.
• Ability to create clear and concise test plans, test scripts, results summaries, trend analysis, status reports and presentations.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities.
• This position involves seating and working in a computer, regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
• Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of releases and business needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.