The Staff Engineer, DevOps will work with Macy’s technology development team. This role will contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork at Macy’s, and must have a good understanding of the true meaning of omni-channel from a technology point of view. It requires experience in CI / CD eco systems and best-practices, as well as with architecting and implementing cloud agnostic immutable infrastructure solutions. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Architect / Design and implement the next generation continuous delivery platform
• Implement self-healing / immutable services that development can rely on
• Design and implement deployment automation from code check-in to production
• Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements in the development process and deployment pipeline
• Champion Test-Driven Development, Acceptance-Test-Driven Development, and Agile best-practices, processes, and tools in support of DevOps processes
• Evaluate the applications deployed in production and make recommendations to improve security, scalability, performance and availability
• Implement immutable / self-healing / Auto-scaling infrastructure for the CI / CD eco system
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 8 years professional experience or MS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 5 years professional experience
• Experience with virtualization concepts and technologies and experience designing, installing,administering, and troubleshooting in a cloud environment (public / private / hybrid)
• Python Full Stack development experience using Django framework, Celery, NodeJS, MySQL etc
• Experience with working with multiple Operating systems and devices is a big plus
• Experience with various scripting and programming languages such as Perl, Python, Shell Scripting, Jython, Ruby, JSON, Java, REST services
• 5 years' experience with architecting and implementing Deployment Automation and Configuration Management tools like Chef, Puppet, etc
• 3+ years of experience with cloud computing solutions such as Google Compute Engine, Rackspace, MicrosoftAzure, AWS, etc
• Demonstrated knowledge of standard IP networking technologies, switching, routing, firewalls, load balancing, DNS, DHCP, etc
• High-level understanding of software systems design and technical concepts
• Broad exposure to Open Source tools to include automation, security, networking and database. Big plus if candidate is an active open source community contributor
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent collaboration skills
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse
• Monitoring and log analytics Nagios, Cacti, Splunk, Zabbix, elastic Search
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.