The Product Management team for the Stores Domain is focused on addressing pain points in store with KPIs such as increasing average value per visit, improving NPS, and increasing associate efficiency. This team delivers new or enhanced associate & consumer facing experiences. In partnership with business leadership, they define the roadmap for the program, pursue funding, and then represent the customer experience and business priorities to technical teams – to jointly collaborate & execute upon that vision. Product Managers also partners closely with stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business. The responsibilities of the Associate Product Manager include ensuring defining & delivering, high quality digital experiences, as well as the internal tools and processes that support the experiences. An Associate Product Manager is responsible for helping to develop opportunity assessments (when applicable in the lifecycle), assisting with the development of design solutions, and partnering to advocate concepts with internal business groups. Finally, this role will work with our Macys Technology group, and/or at times third party providers, over a period of months to bring products to life. A successful Associate Product Manager will be able to manage multiple tasks/assignments simultaneously, at various stages of their development keeping his/her manager abreast of progress including timely communication when blockers/concerns arise.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that directly
support primary objectives of the project, are appropriate in size for iterative development, include clear and specific acceptance criteria and take into account dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives.
• From a definition of work perspective, with moderate supervision & guidance, work to gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts (including partnering with UX); responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communication.
• Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities.
• For your feature areas, champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project
• Own your feature areas from start to finish – from definition through to delivery and hindsighting/analysis to continuously inform the backlog/relative prioritization
• For future projects or phases, help to identify unmet customer needs and develops possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs for scope/funding consideration
• If applicable, work with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
• Assist to develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations
• Participate in sponsor and working group forums; drive the work definition & decisions forward as appropriate based on topics/features you own
• Proactively anticipate/identify problems that arise in the project; outline options, recommend solutions, and escalate as needed
• Work to be become recognized as a dependable contributor with strong critical thinking and partnering abilities
• Is able to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
• Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: product marketing, product/program management, business development, management consulting desired, but not required
• Internet and retail experience strongly preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong leadership profile, excellent prioritization and negotiation skills
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
• Usability and customer-focused design experience is a plus
• Sound decision making skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.