Macy’s Inc. seeks a passionate, team-oriented Director of User Experience Research to join its Customer Experience organization. The position is a strategic, thought leader for the division, development and oversight of all quantitative, qualitative research being conducted at Macys.com and Bloomingdales.com. This team not only partners and supports the UX and product teams, it collaborates closely with the Marketing organization as well as In-store experiences. The Director manages our on-site testing lab as well as oversees 3rd Party vendors and contracts. This position will be looking at building out proactive/strategic research expertise and strengthening existing capabilities. The Director UX Research will apply their strong understanding of customer needs with an equally deep understanding of business goals to champion solutions delivering value through the Macy’s and Bloomingdales websites, stores, and tools used by internal personnel. The Director, UX Research should have a proven track record of leading and developing teams (at least 5 years), working and influencing in a cross-functional environment, and using data-driven decision-making to inform the strategy and design of the experience.
The Director of User Experience Research will draw on experience to build relationships and maximize the output of the team. The candidate is responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
• Manage and oversee the UX research team.
• Site data & metrics analysis to generate actionable insights.
• Skill and personal development of team members.
• Monitor and evaluate UX deliverables.
• Research consultation with product leads and teams.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelors degree. Advanced degree highly preferred.
• 10+ years of relevant experience and work.
• Previous work experience should include experience at larger, established companies with technology-centric businesses, e-retail or with large amount of customers and products.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents.
• Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds.
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.