The Director of Reporting is responsible for reviewing all reporting requests and determines if the requests are best solved through maintenance to enterprise reporting, new enterprise reporting or ad hoc, Excel based reports. The Director plays a lead role in the prioritization and development of corporate reporting using various technical systems and applications. They will prioritize efforts, and allocate to a team of PDMs (enterprise reporting) and business analysts (ad hoc reporting). After understanding requirements, the Director sizes projects and provides recommended approach. The Director will report to the VP of Reporting, Implementation and Support and provide additional support to Business Analysts overseeing the team’s projects, deliverables and workload. The Director is the primary liaison with Merchant and MST Management teams and is the point person for requested projects. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Assists in development and delivery of reporting strategy, streamlining number of reporting applications for the organization
• Oversee the development of customized reporting projects as well as enterprise reporting solutions.
• Size projects and recommends optimal approach
• Supervise the improvement and enhancement of established databases, processes and reports based on evolving business needs
• Acts as the primary liaison with merchant management teams
• Pursue process and efficiencies in data gathering and reporting functionality by consulting with various business partners
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree w/ 5+ years of relevant professional experience with 2+ years in reporting or analytics.
• Experience in Retail, developing and leading a team of 4+ people.
• Strong oral and written communication, decision making and follow-up skills.
• Detail-oriented with an affinity for systems knowledge and ad-hoc problem solving.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to think and act strategically while maintaining a focus on tactical issues.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel a must, including advanced formulas and pivot tables; macros and VBA coding.
• Demonstrated team leader and not an individual contributor.
• Ability to prioritize, set and meet realistic deadlines for projects.
• Able to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Ability to learn and grasp new concepts and tools quickly.
• Strong project management, analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
• Up to 10% travel required.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.