A Product Manager is a key leader in delivering new customer experiences through program enhancements. In partnership with business leadership, they contribute to roadmap definition for the program, and then represent the customer experience and business priorities to technical teams – who will execute on that vision. It is essential that the product manager understands how product enhancements change customer behavior and what trends are emerging in the market. They own socializing the product vision at all levels of the organization through opportunity assessments while driving development with design solutions. They partner closely with stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business. A successful Product Manager will be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development in a matrix organization. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Own enhancement scope in the product path for mobile app experience.
• Participate in iteration planning, prioritizing and grooming backlog and prioritizing defects.
• Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
• Write user stories as part of an Agile project framework that:
• directly support primary objectives of the project.
• are appropriate in size for iterative development.
• include clear and specific acceptance criteria.
• Present and secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary.
• Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality.
• Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features.
• Manage expectations (negotiating appropriately – right people and right time, where necessary) to ensure a common understanding of where, when and how the business user stories can be prioritized optimally.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Exercises sound judgement in terms of keeping his/her supervisor abreast of progress and ask for timely assistance/guidance as need on addressing blockers/concerns.
• College degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5-7 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: product management, product marketing, business development, management consulting, program management.
• Internet and retail experience; especially digital in-store / omni-channel experiences preferred.
• Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus.
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong leadership profile, excellent prioritization and negotiation skills.
• Is able to operate effectively in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Proactively anticipates/ identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.