Macys.com Website Application Development develops the highly scalable and light weight web applications that create a rich and responsive customer experience for macys.com and bloomingdales.com on desktop, tablets and mobile devices.
We are seeking a senior developer who has a successful history of analysis, design and implementation in a business critical environment. The primary area of focus will be the development of web presentation layer using some of the latest technologies for design, coding and testing of medium to large application components. Senior eCommerce Developers are expected to work closely with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. If you want to be challenged in a fast, Agile environment with other A-Players, then come and consider the Website Application Development team at Macys.com. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Design, implement and unit test Web Application code.
• Participate, and take a leadership role, in the full SDLC, including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions
• A customer-centric mentality/passion for building products with great UX ·
• An engineering mindset and strong consideration of the tradeoffs present in every decision
• Strong, supported, opinions about the right ways to do things that you aren’t afraid to defend
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• 5 + years experience with jQuery.
• 3+ years experience with Backbone and Underscore.
• Solid understanding of Accessibility concerns and SEO fundamentals.
• Experience with modern browser technologies and cross platform challenges.
• 2+ years experience with Git.
• 3+ years experience with templating paradigms such as Mustache, Handlebars.
• Experience with CSS preprocessing frameworks such as SASS/SCSS or LESS.
• Strong understanding of design patterns: Object-oriented development, client-side MVC.
• Familiarity with Node.js
• Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
• Strong UI, design..
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• This position involves regular walking, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• Involves the use of a computer, mouse and telephone.
• Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills and help others.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49.