At Macy’s our Directors of Product Management define a product vision that allows Macy’s customers to shop seamlessly and easily across channels. The director will develop and manage a team of product managers that build the vision, drive opportunity assessments, facilitate Macy’s Agile delivery and evaluate and prioritize product roadmap and features to optimize ROI and deliver a superior customer experience.
The Purchase and Delivery product domain at Macy’s includes many of the core products and customer experiences of our ecommerce and omnichannel strategies including but not limited to product eligibility and availability, checkout, payments, order capture, demand routing, order management and fulfillment/delivery.
A key objective for the role is driving the transition of experienced Business Analysts into Product Management and Agile leaders along with a leader/partner role in transitioning this delivery area to Macy’s Agile. Therefore, experience with Product Management and Agile transformations is highly desired. Perform other duties as assigned.
Your passion about building great products and solving customer and business problems is a key for your success in this role!
The Director of Product Management’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Product Capability Oversight:
• Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered.
• Serve as a leading voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering product decisions that will impact the customer.
• Ensure that product specifications meet high standards and business goals for quality before approval and launch.
• Identify high-value opportunities and work with user experience and engineering to continuously improve the experience for both external and internal customers; championing ideas and initiatives on behalf of your team.
• Champion a point-of-view to leadership teams, articulating he relative importance of various initiatives that are ready to move to the development phase.
• Guide product managers to ensure the product specifications are well understood by engineering.
• Support team members as they provide product requirements clarification and reply to implementation considerations raised by the development team.
• Raise awareness of team’s plans, insights and accomplishments in order to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team.
• Coach Product Managers as they respond to project escalations with an assessment of the business implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources; facilitating feedback in a way that promotes learning and future success.
• Inspire and empower Product Managers, each responsible for defining and delivering the ecommerce product capability roadmap.
• Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives, building upon experience and passions to realize talent potential.
• Create clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team related to the creation and enhancement of timely, high-quality products that support critical business objectives, requirements change management, and partnership with cross-functional teams.
• Assist direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that the crucial business initiatives are delivered.
• Develop and nurture a growth mindset around the evolution of your team through active mentoring and coaching.
• Hiring, retention, and succession planning.
Executive Stakeholder Management:
• Lead teams in partnering with key business stakeholders and strategy team members to develop clear, comprehensive opportunity assessments and business requirements.
• Present to senior management the information necessary to make informed approval, prioritization and tradeoff decisions.
• Ensure that all relevant parties and key stakeholders are informed of product status from concept through launch.
• Communicate key product metrics to executive leadership team.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key business owners and senior management.
• Represent product management in cross-functional business initiatives, defining and communicating our product priorities and roadmap.
• Lead Product Management efforts in developing and implementing scalable processes and/or tools to enable functional productivity.
• Support senior leadership and the technology organization in ongoing change management, improving product management, product development, and project management practices.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• 8 -10 years of experience in product management and/or one or more of the following areas: product management, product marketing, program management, business development, management consulting.
• Product Management and Agile transformation experience is highly desired.
• Order Management and Fulfillment/Delivery experience/knowledge a plus.
• Management consulting desired, but not required.
• 3-5 years of experience managing direct reports.
• Experience managing indirect teams.
• Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus.
• Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.