Macys.com seeks a passionate, team-oriented Senior User Experience Researcher to join its’ User Experience team. The position spans a broad range of skills and disciplines, from contributing to the strategic planning and roadmap for the digital experience at one end to researching and testing solutions that can significant improve the customer experience.
The Senior User Experience Researcher will innovate research methods and lead studies to develop a deeper understanding of our customers and drive customer thinking and business vision. This Researcher will closely collaborate with team members to drive design solutions that improve and enhance customer engagement with the Macy’s and Bloomingdales brands through the websites, stores, apps and tools for our customers and stores. This Researcher will be the part of the UX Research team who are the go-to customer SMEs for the Macys.com and Bloomingdales.com.. This is a great opportunity to transform digital shopping experiences and help shape the future of shopping.
• Help teams understand customer needs, pain points, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful and actionable research that can informing both tactical and strategic efforts
• Conduct quick user studies but also go beyond to undertake generative research that draws out implicit knowledge and connects the dots
• Be an effective presenter, communicator, and influencer who can bring the voice of the customer to life
• Quickly synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to develop a better understanding of our customers, give insight into business/user value, and identify potential customer and business risks
• Invent new and adapt existing research practices to deliver the insights and knowledge that help teams stay on track and customer focused
• Effectively collaborate and partner closely with teams and stakeholders across Macy’s and Bloomingdales
• Champion user research throughout the company and contribute to making it an essential process for improvement and innovation
• Serve as a subject matter expert on our customers’ behaviors, needs, and values
• Master’s or PhD degree in Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, or related discipline
• 5+ years of experience designing and executing UX research projects that generate actionable recommendations and insights
• Sound mastery of qualitative and quantitative methods with the ability to quickly scope a project and determine the right method to get the insights and data teams need
• Experience with data analysis through triangulation of a variety of qualitative and quantitative sources
• Experience with lab observation/logging tools such as Morae
• Experience with online remote research tools, such as usertesting.com
• Experience with customer-facing websites and mobile applications. Online retail research experience a plus
• Excellent communication and story-telling skills; with fluency in inspiring teams to improve the customer experience
• Strong, analytical problem solving, decision-making, and leadership skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, adapt to changing priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment. Lean/agile process experience a plus
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.