We are looking for an iOS Engineering Manager to help us build awesome iOS apps that integrate with our services platform. The iOS development manager for the Mobile Team will report to the Director of Mobile. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in iOS design and development, with one or more apps in the Apple iTunes AppStore. At Macy’s Technology it isn't enough to be able to produce great code, we want you to be able to produce great ideas and shape the future of our product. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Successfully lead a high-performing software engineering team; participate in code reviews, wireframe designs and proof of concepts.
• Coach and develop team members. Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
• Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
• Represent the team in planning, estimation and product meetings, effectively communicating the available features of the iOS platform.
• Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
• Work with QA team in analyzing and resolving production issues and defects.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years as a technical lead/Manager with deep understanding of iOS UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design iOS apps.
• 5+ years of broad knowledge of Objective-C, XCode, UIKit and Interface Builder.
• An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns.
• Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications.
• Experience integrating with RESTful API backends.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills.
• Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
• This position involves regular walking, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• This position involves the use of a computer, mouse and telephone.
• Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs.
• Up to 5% travel – Offices Onshore and Offshore, Conferences – up to 4 times a year.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.