A Development Tech Lead is a hands-on technical lead who is comfortable coding 80% of his / her day while also overseeing the daily work of the development team. This includes providing the ongoing direction and design of the application suite. This person is a leader, who also loves code. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of larger companies. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, help tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. A development tech lead will need to have strong Java Web Services, Micro-services, REST APIs, and Messaging techniques. Having worked with some Big Data and NoSQL is a plus. Other skills needed for this position are Nodes JS, Backbone, JQuery and Handlebar templates. (Public Cloud work is a strong plus related to Micro-services) Code quality using practices like TDD, DevOps a strong plus.
The successful applicant will work closely with Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Support Engineers in a highly collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Work in a full Lean/Agile collaborative environment - including interactive discussions, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Own end to end testing strategy for large, complex projects which involve multiple teams and systems.
• Collaborate with Business Analysts and PMs to estimate and plan work, provide status updates to stakeholders and executives.
• Work with senior developers, software architects and business partners to resolve development roadblocks.
• Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
• Own the relationships with key supporting teams.
• Report critical issues to management effectively, timely, and with clarity.
• Hands-on system design and development as needed.
• Hands-on mentoring of the team.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 5 years of experience or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 3 years of experience
• 5+ years of full life cycle hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications on high traffic Internet site(s)
• Experience working with and tuning high volume web applications a strong plus
• Experience with UML diagramming is required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles
• An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns
• Strong estimating and planning skills
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse
• Passionate advocate of TDD practices a strong plus
• Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget
• Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment
• Strong leadership skills to drive initiatives and engage others in the team
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.