As a senior technologist, the staff mobile engineer is responsible for driving technology delivery and supporting operational excellence for macys.com. We seek a candidate that is comfortable engaging all aspects of a development cycle that includes data collection, algorithm development, performance assessment, and integration into different hardware platforms.
• Create application and system designs that satisfy business and non-functional requirements.
• Architect, design, build and operate scalable software systems and services for iOS or Android smartphones.
• Drive adherence to mobile optimized standards, APIs and governance across Macy’s organization.
• Hands-on code contribution and delivery - libraries, API's, documentation.
• Coordinate and work closely with other product and design teams to execute solutions.
• Design and champions solutions for the mobile channel. Understanding and taking advantage of modern mobile architectures, devices and vendor solutions.
• Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems.
• Provide insights into the AR/VR application requirements and technology trends, deliver the research proposals, define the technology landscape, roadmaps, specifications, etc.
• Architecting and developing mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC’s) leveraging latest modern technologies and ML systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
• Understanding of mobile security protocols, analytics and social channel integration.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Overall 10+ years of software development experience
• Proven track record of building and delivering mobile applications and services for iOS or Android devices
• Prior Knowledge of ML, VR/AR
• 3+ years of experience in Agile development methods
• Solid experience programming in Java, Objective-C, good current knowledge of Unix/Linux environments, web API, XCode IDE, Interface Builder, iPhone SDK and DB
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, availability, and internet and mobile OS security fundamentals
• Knowledge of network protocols and internet/web services: HTML 5, JSON, XML
• Solid secure coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles
• Strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
• Preferred experience dealing with cross-functional teams across several countries, as you’ll work across the board - with clients, PMs, UX/UI designers, and mobile engineers to coordinate successful project completions
• Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and within budget
• Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure environment
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.