The Vice President of Product Management leads the definition of a product vision that will allow customers to shop seamlessly and easily across channels and help macys.com deliver the brand promise of fashion and affordable luxury. The Vice President of Product Management will be a key player in developing the ecommerce and omnichannel product features and capabilities that optimize ROI and deliver a superior customer experience. Perform other duties as assigned.
Ecommerce & Omnichannel Product Capability Oversight:
• Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered;
• Serve as a leading voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering product decisions that will impact the customer;
• Ensure that product specifications meet high standards and business goals for quality before approval and launch;
• Champion a point-of-view to leadership regarding the relative importance of various initiatives that are ready to move to the development phase;
• Guide product managers to ensure the product specifications are well understood by engineering;
• Support team members as they provide product requirements clarification and reply to implementation considerations raised by the development team.
• Coach team members as they respond to project escalations with an assessment of the business implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources;
• Develop, lead and inspire Product Managers each responsible for defining and delivering the ecommerce product capability roadmap;
• Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives;
• Create clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team related to the creation and enhancement of timely, high-quality products that support critical business objectives, requirements change management, and partnership with cross-functional teams;
• Raise awareness of team’s plans, insights and accomplishments in order to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team;
• Assist direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure that the crucial business initiatives are delivered;
• Hiring, retention, and succession planning.
Executive Stakeholder Management:
• Lead teams in partnering with key business stakeholders and strategy team members to develop clear and complete opportunity assessments and business requirements and present to senior management the information necessary to make informed approval, prioritization and tradeoff decisions;
• Ensure that all relevant parties and key stakeholders are informed of product status from concept through launch;
• Communicate key product metrics to executive leadership team;
• Develop and maintain relationships with key business owners and senior management.
• Lead Product Management in developing and implementing scalable processes and/or tools to enable functional productivity;
• Support senior leadership and the technology organization in developing and improving product development, product management and project management practices.
• BA/BS required. MBA preferred
• 8-10 years of customer facing Product Management experience
• 8-10 years managing Product Management functions
• 3-4 years managing teams of 20+
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write and interpret business and technical documents
• Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills
• Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.