Macys online store relies heavily on its core search engine to let its user discover and browse the products on its site. Macys’ search is a complicated business process developed using Apache Solr. And, it is patented! For this incredible team, we are looking for a Technical Lead Engineer. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Design, develop and maintain search features in Macy's search system;
• Create performant and efficient search services which can help customers discover what they need;
• Work with Product managers, Architects and lead to understand explicit and implicit requirements;
• Design and build out algorithms to improve search relevancy and accuracy;
• Improve scalability and performance;
• Write unit test cases and integration test cases;
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of 6 years full life cycle development J2EE project and development experience
• Experience building enterprise core search features using Apache Solr, Elastic search, Lucene, Endeca or any other information retrieval systems
• Experience building web applications or Rest services using Spring
• Experience with micro services based architecture, REST, JMS messaging, caching, memory management in Java applications
• Experience with Retail industry desired, not required
• Experience with Big data technologies and Machine learning tools are desired, not required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles
• Understanding of core search concepts like tokenization, boosting, relevancy, linguistics
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse
• Leadership skills to lead technical discussions and drive engagement, excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.