The Assistant Producer will provide support by gathering information and working with cross-functional teams to triage and resolve issues. The Assistant Producer will also assist in grooming and maintaining comprehensive backlog of requests and issues on the site.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Coordinate project activities from various business partners including site merchandising, marketing, creative, content engineers, Macy’s corporate marketing, QA, and 3rd party vendors from inception to completion.
• Ensure project is launched on time and meets initial project requirements. Keep team and management notified of progress and/or deviation from project schedule (deliverables, milestone dates, resources, etc.). Be first point of contact for cross-functional business teams when content and tool issues occur. Work with appropriate teams to facilitate resolution and communicate updates to business teams.
• Create detailed implementation schedules for projects and validate/communicate to project teams. Schedules should take into account all variables that may impact a project and will often need to include contingency plans.
• Set meeting tone with clear objectives and thorough agenda to maximize meeting time. Record and communicate action items and manage resources to ensure follow-up and completion.
• Manage scope change or project schedule in an effective manner. Communicate to team and manage all potential impacts.
• Assist associate, producer and senior producer to assess all processes and looks for areas of improvement in Macys.com work flow.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
• At least 1 year of related online experience with a strong preference for ecommerce
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and analytical skills
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse
• May be a need to move or lift items under 10 pounds
• Strong MS office skills, excellent communication skills and detail oriented
• Help gather information for Management to make calculated decisions on issues and initiatives
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's Inc., including Macy's and Bloomingdale's, will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with SF PC Art. 49 and LA MC ch. XVIII Art. 9.