The Director of Product Management envisions the end to end business process and required capabilities of supporting products within merchandising. This position requires individual who is able to articulate current state of business processes, identify gaps or pain points in the workflow and work with Product Managers to identify future system needs. In partnership with business thought leaders, this role defines the roadmap for the product they represent and work with the PDMs to manage business priorities. As product owner, they remain informed of emerging trends in the market, drive the product forward and are empowered to make program decisions. The Director allocates and manages PDM resources across several applications supporting a business product. They work collaboratively with Directors of Development and Program Management to solve issues and remove risks for projects. They own socializing the product vision with business leadership and ensuring a thoughtful change management approach is defined and executed. Directors will partner with other OCP&S directors to develop a training strategy and support plan for the products and applications they manage. Finally they partner closely with stakeholders to ensure solutions are fully leveraged by the business. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Envisioning the development and seamless integration of cohesive future state processes within a product domain.
• Managing business needs and prioritizing work across several business process and systems.
• Ensuring process and systems gaps are identified and addressed in future state systems projects.
• Responsible for ensuring a comprehensive testing plan including data and environments are developed.
• Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project. Is able to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Collaborate with a number of internal and external sources to define product concepts; analyzing competitors and market trends; evaluate technologies; define implementation plans, and ensure appropriate internal communications.
• Proactively resolve and remove project issues or risks and escalate ad appropriate.
• Can successfully champion new initiatives with merchant or marketing leadership team. Present and secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary.
• Responsible for communicating to team and across team’s product solutions and end to end process impacts.
• Recognized as an expert across the division as someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of all Macy’s Inc. brands.
• Secure deep understanding of the data and how it represents and is used by the business; identify gaps where they exist and communicate them to the Data Governance team.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BA/BS Degree required.
• MBA preferred.
• 4-8 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: product management, business process development or consulting role.
• Experience with agile product management preferred.
• Retail experience required in more than in season planning function:
- Digital Workflow management (Stella/Titan)
- Digital Product workflow dashboards
- Transfers / RTV
- Returns Management
- POS & PERM Pricing
• Experience managing teams of 6-10 or more people.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents.
• Demonstrable presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to understand, organize and communicate complex information in an easily understandable format tailored to a variety of audiences.
• Is able to operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Ability to learn and grasp new concepts quickly.
• Ability to think and act strategically while maintaining a focus on tactical issues.
• This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations.
• Strong project management, analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills.
• Strong collaboration skills. A demonstrated team leader and not an individual contributor.
• Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Up to 10% travel required.
As the fastest growing part of Macy's Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce. With offices in New York and San Francisco, macys.com is the best of all worlds. The entrepreneurial thinking of a Web business complements the stability and support of a national brand. Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for continued growth. Employees at macys.com have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers. At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations. By skillfully combining the power of the Internet with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.