A Business Analyst II is an independent contributor who participates in the effective documentation of work processes and business requirements. The Business Analyst focuses on the collection and documentation of business requirements that drive the design of business systems solutions. Participates in business planning, needs analysis and business risk assessment, leading business process redesign, acclimating business processes to changes in technology and consulting with the customer on how to best support the business through the effective use of technology. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Facilitates requirements gathering sessions for moderately complex requests, accurately capturing client needs.
• Creates requirements definition documentation and functional specifications to capture business needs using emerging understanding of business processes. Validates with the customer and shares with project stakeholders.
• Validates and obtains sign-off for functional requirements/specifications and tracks changes to requirements.
• Tracks progress of plans. Identifies and escalates deviations from requirements.
• Reviews test plans and scripts for completeness and accuracy.
• Performs implementation support, including train-the-trainer with Learning & Development, prepping and supporting the Business Partner.
• Travels as needed.
• Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience required
• Contact center business understanding and knowledge is a plus
• Able to work collaboratively with a project team in an agile environment
• Knowledge and understanding of Agile project methodology
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, write, and interpret business and technical documents
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
• Solid analytical and decision-making skills (e.g. able to choose project tools from an established list and able to select appropriate procedures to address technical challenges)
• Able to work independently with general direction and regular review of work in progress
• Regular – walking, standing, sitting, hearing, seeing, talking, using hand and fingers for writing typing and using a mouse, moving/lifting items under 10 pounds
• Occasional – stooping, kneeling, or crouching
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
Macy’s Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale’s The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy’s Backstage. Macy’s, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale’s stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy’s, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.