From a single dry goods store opened in New York City in 1858, Macy’s has evolved into one of the nation’s premier retailers for fashion and affordable luxury. Macy’s.com continues that tradition and offers a distinct online shopping experience for our customers that is second to none. Come join our team that is deeply committed to providing the highest quality imagery across all channels.
The New York based studio team is seeking a Photographer who is able to perform a variety of tasks including photographing and styling merchandise, color correcting images to merchandise, retouching, archiving and naming images, and more for its e-commerce platform. This position is located in the newly opened, state of the art, Long Island City Photo and Content Studio which houses e-commerce and print photography, styling, art direction, image management, pre-media and more. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Photographing, lighting and retouching merchandise according to macys.com specs.
• Working autonomously in a high volume environment while maintaining high image quality and meeting Macys.com image standards.
• Ensuring color accuracy.
• Organizing merchandise for photography.
• Preparing, naming and sending images according to production specifications.
• Partnering closely with creative team for styling and art direction.
• Ensure all images are properly optimized and sent to the site.
• Track progress on all on-going projects and report data to photography manager.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Associate’s Degree Required, BFA preferred.
• Highly motivated self-starter with at least 2 years photography experience in a digital, print and/or web environment.
• Experience photographing and retouching in on-line retail is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of photography techniques including lighting, styling, and composition.
• Solid working knowledge of strobes, continuous lighting, Photoshop, and Capture One required, in addition to Creative Suite and Microsoft Office familiarity.
• Strong verbal and written business communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work with and photograph variety of product including shoes, handbags, beauty (cosmetic, fragrances), women’s and men’s apparel and more.
• Strong sense of color theory and understanding of color management.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Capability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to adapt to change willingly.
• Eagerness to learn new technology (Spin 360, video).
• Capacity to understand, manage, and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Model behavior exemplifying high ethical standards and organizational discipline.
• Energetic attitude and passion for photography.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.