The Women’s Shoe Associate in Open-Sell locations is responsible for providing an exceptional shopping experience by ensuring merchandise is floor ready, stocked, signed, and available for clients. The Associate will demonstrate superior service with appropriate level of speed and efficiency. The Women’s Shoe Associate in Open-Sell locations will make our clients the top priority upon arrival, throughout their visit, and ultimately, their departure. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment, merchandising, pricing, signing and performing other duties as necessary.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
• Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
• Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and existing tablet apps.
• Replenish merchandise displays and other products as needed.
• Maintain upkeep of shoe floor and customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment.
• Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own.
• Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment (i.e. BOPS) with speed and efficiency.
• Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner and greet when they enter department.
• Handle returns courteously and professionally; suggest new merchandise so the customer doesn’t leave the store empty handed.
• Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable within store;
• Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account toward the end of the shopping experience.
• Reinforce customer’s selection and package merchandise with care.
• Determine customer needs based on customer preference.
• Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimum returns, including Macy’s Loyalty Program.
• Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection.
• Develop product knowledge through collaboration with Supervisor, District/Region team members and vendors.
• Develop repeat business through exceptional selling behaviors, using My Client.
• Achieve team sales and loyalty goals through collaboration with Support and Sales Associates.
• Be knowledgeable of current promotional events and sales.
• Adhere to Asset Protection, inventory control and compliance procedures.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• No specific educational accomplishment is required.
• Previous selling experience and product knowledge in Women’s Shoes preferred, but not required.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
• Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
• Must be able to calculate percentages and rations.
• Must be able to make change using American Monetary Units.
• Ability to work as part of a team, or independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing for at least two consecutive hours.
• Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
• Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
• Possess strong sense of urgency and a thirst for learning
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and weekends, and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving, special Big Event days, and the day after Christmas, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.